Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Apple TV 4K Region Problem

Does anyone know if there is a current problem with the Apple TV 4K incorrectly identifying your region for viewing movies or TV shows via TV or TV+? I finished watching one show and then suddenly it refused to let me watch anything else—says it isn’t available for viewing in my region. I am in the US. My region didn’t

change between shows, nor did any of my settings. I have tried everything to get this sorted out, to include a factory reset of the Apple TV 4K, unplugging it and plugging it back in, signing out and back into iTunes and the App Store, and rebooting my phone, all without success. Notably, this has not happened to my Apple TV HD and I can also watch everything just fine on my iPhone. The Netflix and Prime Video apps on my Apple TV 4K also have no problem with my region. It is only affecting anything (and everything) I try to watch through TV or TV+.

I am at a loss for anything else to try to fix this and would appreciate any suggestions. Thanks.

Posted on Feb 22, 2022 6:46 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Feb 23, 2022 1:50 AM

I haven’t experienced this myself, but I have seen a few reports from other users about unexplainable region issues.

If the active account is for correct region, and the IP address is for the correct region, then the message itself may be erroneous. Then I would suggest to contact an expert from the Apple Support staff for further assistance. Contact Apple for support and service (phone numbers) or start your support request online (chat/​email/​callback).

3 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Feb 23, 2022 1:50 AM in response to PSMITCHELL

I haven’t experienced this myself, but I have seen a few reports from other users about unexplainable region issues.

If the active account is for correct region, and the IP address is for the correct region, then the message itself may be erroneous. Then I would suggest to contact an expert from the Apple Support staff for further assistance. Contact Apple for support and service (phone numbers) or start your support request online (chat/​email/​callback).

Apple TV 4K Region Problem

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.