Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iCloud Backup

My iCloud storage is full and my iPhone no longer will backup. Can I turn off and delete the old backups without loosing what is currently on my iPhone?

iPhone 8, iOS 15

Posted on Feb 22, 2022 6:35 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Feb 23, 2022 12:48 PM

Hey there, sws-593!

We appreciate you reaching out on Apple Support Communities.  From our understanding, you have questions regarding iCloud backups.  We’d be happy to help shed some light on this!

View and manage iCloud device backups - Apple Support has some great information about how to manage the backups and the data for them.  It’s important to note that removing old backups will not remove the data on your device, however if you delete a backup for your current device, it will disable automatic backups for iCloud on that device.  

Manage your iCloud storage - Apple Support also has some tips on how to reduce the size of your iCloud backup, along with other areas that you can manage data, to help make space.

Let us know if that helps.

Cheers!

3 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Feb 23, 2022 12:48 PM in response to sws-593

Hey there, sws-593!

We appreciate you reaching out on Apple Support Communities.  From our understanding, you have questions regarding iCloud backups.  We’d be happy to help shed some light on this!

View and manage iCloud device backups - Apple Support has some great information about how to manage the backups and the data for them.  It’s important to note that removing old backups will not remove the data on your device, however if you delete a backup for your current device, it will disable automatic backups for iCloud on that device.  

Manage your iCloud storage - Apple Support also has some tips on how to reduce the size of your iCloud backup, along with other areas that you can manage data, to help make space.

Let us know if that helps.

Cheers!

iCloud Backup

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.