Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

TURN OFF VOICE AUDIO FOR GOOD???

Every time I turn on my Apple TV (after turning OFF VoiceOver) it turns back on!!! It’s so **** frustrating someone please help

Posted on Feb 22, 2022 7:20 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Feb 23, 2022 4:05 AM

What is your model Apple TV? Identify your Apple TV model - Apple Support

Please verify that VoiceOver and Audio Descriptions aren’t being mixed up here. It happens quite often.

To disable the Accessibility Shortcut (triple Menu), assign no accessibility functions to it (all options unchecked).

Also verify that your Apple TV system software is up-to-date. Update your Apple TV - Apple Support

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Feb 23, 2022 4:05 AM in response to awsnares

What is your model Apple TV? Identify your Apple TV model - Apple Support

Please verify that VoiceOver and Audio Descriptions aren’t being mixed up here. It happens quite often.

To disable the Accessibility Shortcut (triple Menu), assign no accessibility functions to it (all options unchecked).

Also verify that your Apple TV system software is up-to-date. Update your Apple TV - Apple Support

Feb 22, 2022 8:02 PM in response to awsnares

I confess I’ve never encountered VoiceOver on my ATV4K and had to google it…

This stood out:

There are three ways to turn VoiceOver on or off:

• Go to Settings > Accessibility > VoiceOver, then turn VoiceOver on or off.
      • Hold the Siri button on your Siri Remote*, then say "Turn VoiceOver on" or "Turn VoiceOver off."
      • On your remote, press the Menu button or the Back button  three times to turn VoiceOver on or off.

I’m surprised I haven’t accidentally turned the feature on by pressing the Menu button repeatedly to back out of wherever to get to the top page of an app or the ATV Home Screen.

Also, sometimes the Remote’s connection gets funky and it needs a reset. By funky, I mean that people complain of volume getting maxed out or other keys getting stuck or behaving weirdly. Perhaps your remote is sending “Menu-Menu-Menu…”? Try the reset & pair operation described here: If your Apple TV remote isn't working - Apple Support.

TURN OFF VOICE AUDIO FOR GOOD???

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.