Apple’s Worldwide Developers Conference to kick off June 10 at 10 a.m. PDT with Keynote address

The Keynote will be available to stream on apple.com, the Apple Developer app, the Apple TV app, and the Apple YouTube channel. On-demand playback will be available after the conclusion of the stream.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

WiFi Firewall Login ("sign in to network") not showing up on my iPad

My university has a password for the WiFi we get on campus. Once we connect to it via the password, we have to sign in to the firewall login (Fortinet Firewall) with our given user name and password.

When i connect my phone (android) to it, i automatically get a notification to "Sign in to network". However, I cant get this on iPad (9th Gen iPad with iPadOS 15.1)

I have tried manually by putting the IP Address of the login page on safari but it still wont let me connect. It is relatively easy on my phone as i get notification.

I cant access the wifi on campus because of this. Any solutions?

iPad, iPadOS 15

Posted on Feb 23, 2022 5:20 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Feb 23, 2022 8:14 AM

Perhaps this support page will be helpful with troubleshooting:

Use captive Wi-Fi networks on your iPhone, iPad or iPod touch – Apple Support

Apple reportedly uses this URL to test for a Captive Network (show here with additional spaces - as, otherwise, the link is automatically resolved by the Apple Support Community web page):

h t t p s : / / w w w . a p p l e . c o m / l i b r a r y / t e s t / s u c c e s s . h t m l

There is a also new privacy feature included within iOS/iPadOS14/15 that hides your physical MAC Address - and instead uses a randomly selected Private MAC Address. This feature can interfere with some captive networks - and can be enabled/disabled on your iPhone/iPad for each configured WiFi Network.

More information about this new feature can be found here:

Use private Wi-Fi addresses in iOS 14, iPadOS 14 and watchOS 7 – Apple Support

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Feb 23, 2022 8:14 AM in response to airyair

Perhaps this support page will be helpful with troubleshooting:

Use captive Wi-Fi networks on your iPhone, iPad or iPod touch – Apple Support

Apple reportedly uses this URL to test for a Captive Network (show here with additional spaces - as, otherwise, the link is automatically resolved by the Apple Support Community web page):

h t t p s : / / w w w . a p p l e . c o m / l i b r a r y / t e s t / s u c c e s s . h t m l

There is a also new privacy feature included within iOS/iPadOS14/15 that hides your physical MAC Address - and instead uses a randomly selected Private MAC Address. This feature can interfere with some captive networks - and can be enabled/disabled on your iPhone/iPad for each configured WiFi Network.

More information about this new feature can be found here:

Use private Wi-Fi addresses in iOS 14, iPadOS 14 and watchOS 7 – Apple Support

WiFi Firewall Login ("sign in to network") not showing up on my iPad

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.