Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Pointer gets "stuck" on 2nd display

(MacOS 12.2.1). Have an Intel 2020 MPB hooked to an 4k external display and use both screens. Pretty basic setup. I'm noticing that when I move the pointer to the 2nd display - either via the trackpad or mouse, I can't move it back to the MBP monitor without having to do wrist aerobics with the mouse. Although it doesn't happen 100% of the time, it is pretty consistent. I'm not seeing any config options in system preferences that jumps out as being applicable. What do I need to do to fix this?

MacBook Pro (2020 and later)

Posted on Feb 23, 2022 5:46 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Feb 23, 2022 7:00 AM

examine closely the arrangement pane for your setup. Note that the displays are likely different sizes, and share a border.

To get the mouse to the other display, you must move it across the portion of the border the two displays have in common. If you go too low or too high and miss the shared part of the edge, the cursor will not move into hyperspace -- it needs to be going onto a real portion of the adjacent display.

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Feb 23, 2022 7:00 AM in response to TowJam60

examine closely the arrangement pane for your setup. Note that the displays are likely different sizes, and share a border.

To get the mouse to the other display, you must move it across the portion of the border the two displays have in common. If you go too low or too high and miss the shared part of the edge, the cursor will not move into hyperspace -- it needs to be going onto a real portion of the adjacent display.

Pointer gets "stuck" on 2nd display

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.