Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Problems with Spotlight on Monterey

Hello everyone.

I just got a new MacBook Pro M1 Max with Monterey on it, and I am having a problem with Spotlight. I have been a Mac user for the past 30 years, and since Spotlight was launched, I have been able to both show the location of the file by holding down the COMMAND key and go to the folder where the file is located by holding down the COMMAND key and clicking on the file itself. With this new version of MacOS (Monterey 12.2.1) I can no longer do that. The file path is not shown when I hold the COMMAND key while a file is selected, and if I click on a file by holding the COMMAND key, Spotlight just opens the file.

Any thoughts on that? Is there anything I must set or change to make that happen again? The way it is now Spotlight is 50% useless for me. Thank you in advance for any thoughts!

MacBook Pro (2020 and later)

Posted on Feb 23, 2022 7:43 AM

Similar questions

4 replies

Feb 23, 2022 8:09 AM in response to Fabrizio Ferrari

Fabrizio Ferrari wrote:

Hello everyone.

I just got a new MacBook Pro M1 Max with Monterey on it, and I am having a problem with Spotlight. I have been a Mac user for the past 30 years, and since Spotlight was launched, I have been able to both show the location of the file by holding down the COMMAND key and go to the folder where the file is located by holding down the COMMAND key and clicking on the file itself. With this new version of MacOS (Monterey 12.2.1) I can no longer do that. The file path is not shown when I hold the COMMAND key while a file is selected, and if I click on a file by holding the COMMAND key, Spotlight just opens the file.

Any thoughts on that? Is there anything I must set or change to make that happen again? The way it is now Spotlight is 50% useless for me. Thank you in advance for any thoughts!

Local files on your Mac—with Spotlight, holding the Command key still shows the Path in Monterey...

Rebuild the Spotlight index on your Mac - Apple Support

Problems with Spotlight on Monterey

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.