Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iTunes Search Pops To iTunes Store Not My Library

I asked this question earlier this week but thought I'd made the issue go away so I hit "Solved" and now, of course, can't find the post. :-)

I just typed a song title in the iTunes search window (top left) and the findings show what's in the iTunes Store not what's in my Library.

If I do that Option / Command / F thing I get a search window top right that works.

Certaintly the "search" used to work and worked as recently as this morning.

Am I doing something? (other than pulling out my hair!)

I'm running Music 1.2.2.40 on my mac with macOS 12.2.1

Thanks

Posted on Feb 23, 2022 9:54 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Feb 23, 2022 4:04 PM

You can choose to search in the Store or your library by clicking which one you want. See details in here:

Search for music in Music on Mac - Apple Support

Similar questions

9 replies

Feb 24, 2022 10:41 AM in response to jayessemm

Looks like I spoke too soon.

Just playing an Esther Phillips song I wondered what else I have by her in my library.

I typed her name in the top right search box. And did not have the Apple Music / Library / iTunes Store options.

It just kicked me to the Store

If I do the Command / Option / F thing and type in that top right box I see the two songs I have.

Neither search is great for my needs but not knowing when / how / why ... I get these options drives me nuts :-)

Feb 25, 2022 11:31 AM in response to ed2345

Who knows? ! :-)

Thanks for sticking with me ed2345

Okay, sticking with you and with Esther ...

Typing in the search box gets me:

Then I clicked on the <

Basically the same thing.

Then I cleared the search window and entered Ester again. And now I'm in my library.

This time when I click the <

I go to the compilation in my library that has "Release Me" by Esther.

Goofy!

And at no point was I offered that "Apple Music / Your Library / iTunes Store" option. (But sometimes I do :-) )

I've found the search pretty wonky since we went from the iTunes app to Music but this stuff is next level wierd. If there is something I'm doing to trigger different outcomes I'm ****** if I can figure out what it is.

iTunes Search Pops To iTunes Store Not My Library

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.