Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Want an Apple tech to back up present ipad because I'm getting a new one. Genius bar says they don't do that.

I have to get a replacement ipad because the battery is dying on my present one. I would like an Apple tech to transfer everything on the old one to the new one. Genius bar says they don't do this. Any suggestions as to who does? I am not confident enough to do it myself.

Posted on Feb 23, 2022 12:52 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Feb 23, 2022 1:09 PM

You can do it yourself. It's pretty simple. Pick a method from the Support Document you posted from, and follow the steps in the linked documentation for that method.

Decide which method is best for you

In case you ever need an alternative backup, you can back up your device using iCloud and also using your computer. Learn how to back up your device or restore your device from a backup.

iCloud

Computer

Blue text are links to further information and step by step instructions.

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Feb 23, 2022 1:09 PM in response to germtan53

You can do it yourself. It's pretty simple. Pick a method from the Support Document you posted from, and follow the steps in the linked documentation for that method.

Decide which method is best for you

In case you ever need an alternative backup, you can back up your device using iCloud and also using your computer. Learn how to back up your device or restore your device from a backup.

iCloud

Computer

Blue text are links to further information and step by step instructions.

Want an Apple tech to back up present ipad because I'm getting a new one. Genius bar says they don't do that.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.