Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iCloud storage plan consolidation

How do I merge two iCloud storage plans into one? Basically we want to stop my wife's 200gb plan and move data over to the 2tb storage plan. I don't know at this moment if she has family sharing applied to the 200gb plan... Thanks for any help!

Posted on Feb 23, 2022 7:15 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Feb 24, 2022 3:37 PM

Correct.

This would be the only way to put data from one iCloud account into another. We would only recommend this if both iCloud accounts are yours. We do not recommend sharing an iCloud account with another person  as this could cause other problems. You can learn more about that here: Make sure that each family member has a unique Apple ID - Apple Support

Kindest regards.

4 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Feb 24, 2022 3:37 PM in response to dixonaw53

Correct.

This would be the only way to put data from one iCloud account into another. We would only recommend this if both iCloud accounts are yours. We do not recommend sharing an iCloud account with another person  as this could cause other problems. You can learn more about that here: Make sure that each family member has a unique Apple ID - Apple Support

Kindest regards.

Feb 24, 2022 1:23 PM in response to dixonaw53

Hey there, and welcome to Apple Support Communities, dixonaw53!

From our understanding, you want to consolidate two iCloud accounts. We can certainly understand your concern and can help provide some insight.

You can not combine the data so that both phones have access to the data stored in iCloud. You can share an iCloud storage account. To do that, follow the steps found here: Share iCloud+ with your family - Apple Support

Kindest regards!

Feb 24, 2022 2:02 PM in response to Shannon_DN

Thank you, Shannon.

So if I understand, the only way to "consolidate" 2 accounts is to close one of them, then join as a family member on the other. I guess this assumes I have all the files on my Mac that the iCloud account (the one I want to close) has backed up. Any cautions or corrections to this understanding?

Thank you so much for your help.

Dixon

iCloud storage plan consolidation

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.