Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Need free download of Adobe Flash Player

I am required to take a refresher course as a CASA volunteer, and when I clicked on the Adobe logo I was instructed to uninstall Adobe Flash Player, which I did. However, downloading it now is not free, unless I use a third party website, which I don't think is wise. Does Apple have a free download? It's very important for my volunteering.

MacBook, OS X 10.11

Posted on Feb 24, 2022 9:09 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Feb 24, 2022 9:32 AM

Adobe Flash was discontinued several years ago. See: https://www.adobe.com/products/flashplayer/end-of-life.html

Also see the following from that Adobe support site:

Flash Player may remain on your system unless you uninstall it. Uninstalling Flash Player will help secure your system since Adobe will not issue Flash Player updates or security patches after the EOL Date. Adobe blocked Flash content from running in Flash Player beginning January 12, 2021 and the major browser vendors have disabled and will continue to disable Flash Player from running after the EOL Date.

5 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Feb 24, 2022 9:32 AM in response to Chiquita81

Adobe Flash was discontinued several years ago. See: https://www.adobe.com/products/flashplayer/end-of-life.html

Also see the following from that Adobe support site:

Flash Player may remain on your system unless you uninstall it. Uninstalling Flash Player will help secure your system since Adobe will not issue Flash Player updates or security patches after the EOL Date. Adobe blocked Flash content from running in Flash Player beginning January 12, 2021 and the major browser vendors have disabled and will continue to disable Flash Player from running after the EOL Date.

Feb 24, 2022 11:04 AM in response to Chiquita81

Just to be clear about this, Adobe discontinued Flash Player as of Dec. 31, 2020 and, more importantly, blocked content from running in Flash Player as of Jan. 12, 2021.

From the Adobe website: "Since Adobe no longer supports Flash Player after December 31, 2020 and blocked Flash content from running in Flash Player beginning January 12, 2021, Adobe strongly recommends all users immediately uninstall Flash Player to help protect their systems.  "

Need free download of Adobe Flash Player

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.