Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Group SMS Text not going through from Mac iMessage - Sends Individually

I've noticed in the past several weeks something changed where my group texts get sent to each person individually when I send it through my imessage app on my mac. Before I was able to send group texts successfully either through my phone or through iMessage on my computer. Is anyone else having this problem? How can I fix it?

If all the recipients of the group text have iphones and imessage there is not problem. It sends as a group. But if one person doesnt have imessage/iphone, it sends individually. It's very frustrating because people will respond in individual text strings and not to the group.

Please help!

MacBook Pro (2020 and later)

Posted on Feb 24, 2022 10:28 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Feb 24, 2022 10:36 AM

I would guess the problem is that your iPhone or Mac is running different generations of their operating systems. You typically want to match the iOS latest release with the latest macOS release. Since this post is in the Big Sur Discussions. I can only assume you are running Big Sur. Since you cannot downgrade the iPhones operating system you may need to upgrade your Mac to Monterey.

For example, iPhone is running latest iOS 15.3 but Mac is still running macOS Big Sur. The iOS 15.x release is really designed to work with the latest macOS Monterey 12.2.1.

You also need to make sure both the iPhone and the Mac are logged into the same iCloud account and that you have enabled Messages in iCloud on the Mac and enabled Messages in iCloud on the iPhone. Likewise configured all the cell numbers and email addresses as well as forwarding to your Mac configured appropriately.

3 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Feb 24, 2022 10:36 AM in response to Bannah64

I would guess the problem is that your iPhone or Mac is running different generations of their operating systems. You typically want to match the iOS latest release with the latest macOS release. Since this post is in the Big Sur Discussions. I can only assume you are running Big Sur. Since you cannot downgrade the iPhones operating system you may need to upgrade your Mac to Monterey.

For example, iPhone is running latest iOS 15.3 but Mac is still running macOS Big Sur. The iOS 15.x release is really designed to work with the latest macOS Monterey 12.2.1.

You also need to make sure both the iPhone and the Mac are logged into the same iCloud account and that you have enabled Messages in iCloud on the Mac and enabled Messages in iCloud on the iPhone. Likewise configured all the cell numbers and email addresses as well as forwarding to your Mac configured appropriately.

Group SMS Text not going through from Mac iMessage - Sends Individually

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.