Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Group text sending as individual texts

I can send group text messages from my phone no problem. But when I send from my macbook it sends the group text as individual texts. I would like it to send as a group. After my phone reset it created this problem. How can I fix it?

MacBook Air 13″, macOS 13.1

Posted on Feb 16, 2023 9:13 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Feb 16, 2023 11:33 AM

linzha1 wrote:

I can send group text messages from my phone no problem. But when I send from my macbook it sends the group text as individual texts. I would like it to send as a group. After my phone reset it created this problem. How can I fix it?

Set this up again Forward SMS/MMS text messages from your iPhone to your Mac or iPad - Apple Support

4 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Feb 16, 2023 11:33 AM in response to linzha1

linzha1 wrote:

Set this up again Forward SMS/MMS text messages from your iPhone to your Mac or iPad - Apple Support

Mar 8, 2023 9:40 AM in response to linzha1

This is suddenly happening to me too. It never happened before. Something changed somewhere. It is also happening when I send from my iPad. It's really weird. My message appear to me in the group. But the replies are coming back as individual messages that others in the group can't see. Do I have to switch to WhatsApp to get this right?

Mar 8, 2023 7:11 PM in response to Steve RK

During a 90 minute discussion with the support team a couple weeks ago, I actually demonstrated this exact issue multiple times. The team failed to resolve, explain, or provide a release number for the fix. This occurred on my M2 Pro and 12 mini…both with the latest updates. Applies specifically to (and only with) new SMS conversations from the mac. Additionally, it’s clear Apple hasn’t even properly acknowledged the issue or replied to this chain. The failure of Apple support to follow through or provide an adequate response on this is astounding yet quite typical. For now, simply use your phone to start group messages.

Group text sending as individual texts

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.