Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Google Drive Install Problem - Mac desktop

Hello, I was hoping to get some help with some trouble I’m having installing Google Drive on my Mac desktop.

I’m being prevented from loading the Google Drive for the first time because of block in the Security & Privacy function.

Im asked to disconnect my account and sign in again, which I’ve done several times. Every time I check the Security and Privacy screen, the button to “allow” the Google Drive app to be loaded is grayed out.

I rebooted a few times and tried the process again to no avail. I also followed some others advice for watching the Security and Privacy screen for a few second opening of the “allow” box once once i disconnect and re login, but I have not seen that happen.

Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks

[Image Edited by Moderator to Remove Personal Information]

iMac Pro

Posted on Feb 24, 2022 11:12 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Feb 24, 2022 11:54 AM

Click the Gold Lock lower-left corner and authenticate with an account that is an Admin on your Mac. This will enable the Allow button so you can click it.

If you do not have local admin privileges because this is a corporate managed Mac, you will need to check with your IT department.

Similar questions

2 replies

Google Drive Install Problem - Mac desktop

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.