Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Trusted devices

How do I remove a device off the trusted device area because just in case someone who has my passcode cannot change the password on me if device is ever lost

iPhone XS Max, iOS 15

Posted on Feb 24, 2022 12:56 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Feb 24, 2022 1:06 PM

You can remove a trusted device but you will no longer be able to use that device to access iCloud or other Apple services until you sign in again on that device, at which point it will again be a trusted device. See the information in the "View and manage your trusted devices" section of Two-factor authentication for Apple ID - Apple Support including the following:

You can also remove a trusted device by selecting Remove from Account from the device list. Removing a trusted device will ensure that it can no longer display verification codes and that access to iCloud, and other Apple services on the device, is blocked until you sign in again with two-factor authentication. If you need to find or erase your device before you remove it from your trusted device list, you can use Find My iPhone

My choice would be to change my passcode and not divulge it to anyone. See: Use a passcode with your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch - Apple Support

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Feb 24, 2022 1:06 PM in response to Cogwwjd

You can remove a trusted device but you will no longer be able to use that device to access iCloud or other Apple services until you sign in again on that device, at which point it will again be a trusted device. See the information in the "View and manage your trusted devices" section of Two-factor authentication for Apple ID - Apple Support including the following:

You can also remove a trusted device by selecting Remove from Account from the device list. Removing a trusted device will ensure that it can no longer display verification codes and that access to iCloud, and other Apple services on the device, is blocked until you sign in again with two-factor authentication. If you need to find or erase your device before you remove it from your trusted device list, you can use Find My iPhone

My choice would be to change my passcode and not divulge it to anyone. See: Use a passcode with your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch - Apple Support

Trusted devices

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.