Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iPad not recognizing my wifi

My iPad suddenly does not recognize my wifi. It keeps asking me for my wifi password, then rejects it as the wrong password. I have tried shutting it down and restarting. I have tried quitting my wifi and rejoining. I have tried holding it close to my iPhone for the automatic wifi thing, and phone says it sends it to iPad but iPad calls that an incorrect password too.

This seemed to start happening off and on a day or so ago, but has finally totally quit wifi. Any suggestions? Speak easy please because I won't understand high tech words :-) thanks!!

I don't really know which generation my iPad is, but its maybe 5 yrs old?

iPad (5th gen) Wi-Fi

Posted on Feb 24, 2022 4:15 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Feb 24, 2022 4:20 PM

please follow :If your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch won't connect to a Wi-Fi network - Apple Support

also you can

reset your Network Settings. If you're using iOS or iPadOS 15 or later, tap Settings > General > Transfer or Reset [Device] > Reset > Reset Network Settings. If you're using iOS or iPadOS 14 or earlier, tap Settings > General > Reset > Reset Network Settings. This also resets Wi-Fi networks and passwords, cellular settings, and VPN and APN settings that you've used before.

3 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Feb 24, 2022 4:20 PM in response to angiefromgoodrich

please follow :If your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch won't connect to a Wi-Fi network - Apple Support

also you can

reset your Network Settings. If you're using iOS or iPadOS 15 or later, tap Settings > General > Transfer or Reset [Device] > Reset > Reset Network Settings. If you're using iOS or iPadOS 14 or earlier, tap Settings > General > Reset > Reset Network Settings. This also resets Wi-Fi networks and passwords, cellular settings, and VPN and APN settings that you've used before.

iPad not recognizing my wifi

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.