Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

One of my AirPods doesn't work when connected to my laptop

When my AirPods connect with my iPhone, both AirPods work well. However, when my AirPods connect with my laptop, one of my AirPods does not work. I already reset my AirPods, but it is still not working.

[Re-Titled by Moderator]

Posted on Feb 24, 2022 5:18 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Feb 25, 2022 11:41 PM

KaterinaZhang Said:

"One of my AirPods doesn't work when connected to my laptop: When my AirPods connect with my iPhone, both AirPods work well. However, when my AirPods connect with my laptop, one of my AirPods does not work. I already reset my AirPods, but it is still not working."

-------

Troubleshooting AirPods on Computer:

A. Checked the Balance?:

Adjust the balance accordingly. Looking on the computer, see how you can adjust the volume so that it works as desired. Long with the computer's volume, see if you need to adjust it on the app you are using.

B. Using a Mac?

Try Reseting the Core Audio:

Type the following command in Terminal:

sudo killall coreaudiod
4 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Feb 25, 2022 11:41 PM in response to KaterinaZhang

KaterinaZhang Said:

"One of my AirPods doesn't work when connected to my laptop: When my AirPods connect with my iPhone, both AirPods work well. However, when my AirPods connect with my laptop, one of my AirPods does not work. I already reset my AirPods, but it is still not working."

-------

Troubleshooting AirPods on Computer:

A. Checked the Balance?:

Adjust the balance accordingly. Looking on the computer, see how you can adjust the volume so that it works as desired. Long with the computer's volume, see if you need to adjust it on the app you are using.

B. Using a Mac?

Try Reseting the Core Audio:

Type the following command in Terminal:

sudo killall coreaudiod

Feb 25, 2022 11:45 AM in response to KaterinaZhang

Hello KaterinaZhang,

We see that you're having trouble with your AirPods when they're connected to your laptop.

Could you please confirm what kind of laptop you're using and which OS version it's running?

When you connect other headphones to the laptop do they work as expected or do they experience a similar issue?

This info will help narrow down what may be happening.

Cheers!

One of my AirPods doesn't work when connected to my laptop

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.