Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Does MacOS Photos Support "Copy iCloud Link"?

When in Photos (macOS Big Sur, MacBook Pro (13-inch, 2020, Four Thunderbolt 3 ports)), When I choose Share, there is no "Copy iCloud Link" option like in IOS. Closest I can see is create a shared folder.

Is this a bug I need to fix, or does MacOS not offer this very useful feature?

BTW when I search for this issue on the web I only see posts about ppl trying to get this feature to work in IOS.

Posted on Feb 24, 2022 6:33 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Feb 25, 2022 12:05 AM

Hi

The feature is only in IOS. Despite apple trying to make it look as though the two apps are the same, they are not in quite a few details. This is one of them.

As you've suggested the closest we have on the mac is a shared album.

Similar questions

2 replies

Feb 25, 2022 3:17 AM in response to Doc Crumble

You can create a shared iCloud Link for folders on iCloud Drive. So you could export the photos you want to share to a folder on iCloud Drive and share an iCloud link to this folder. This way you can share the photos in the full resolution and with titles, keywords, descriptions , locations embedded. That will be better than a shared album, where the images will be downsized and metadata stripped.

Does MacOS Photos Support "Copy iCloud Link"?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.