Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Share photos without having to log into icloud

I created a shared folder on iCloud and set it to allow access to anyone with the link, and only allow read-only access. However when I open the link in my browser it asks me to log into iCloud. I also tried clicking on the link from a Windows computer and the same thing happened.

Is there a way to have the folder set so that when someone clicks the link the folder of photos opens so the user can directly view/download them?

Thanks in advance for any suggestions!

Posted on Feb 4, 2023 11:58 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Feb 6, 2023 3:56 PM

Hey there CantFindAGoodUsername,

Upon researching your question, we were able to find the steps to take for sharing a file/folder with iCloud: Share files and folders in iCloud Drive on iCloud.com

We were also able to find another link that has a similar feature that you may want to take advantage of detailed here: Use iCloud to share and collaborate on files and folders

Cheers!

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Feb 6, 2023 3:56 PM in response to CantFindAGoodUsername

Hey there CantFindAGoodUsername,

Upon researching your question, we were able to find the steps to take for sharing a file/folder with iCloud: Share files and folders in iCloud Drive on iCloud.com

We were also able to find another link that has a similar feature that you may want to take advantage of detailed here: Use iCloud to share and collaborate on files and folders

Cheers!

Share photos without having to log into icloud

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.