Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Viber notifications stopped after iOS update

I updated my iOS to 15.3.1 last night. Since then, my notifications for new Viber messages has stopped. I only know if I’ve received a new Viber message by physically opening the Viber app, and then all my older Viber messages will appear. This doesn’t happen with other apps, only Viber. I have tried all the fixes and workarounds people have suggested (notification settings, focus off, clear cache, wifi not sleep etc) but nothing makes my Viber notifications work. Please help as Viber is how I keep in touch with my family overseas.

iPhone 12 mini, iOS 15

Posted on Feb 25, 2022 2:05 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Feb 27, 2022 8:20 AM

salkanakosa wrote:

Thank you. I was hoping to avoid a full backup, reset and delete of the phone as that’s such a hassle. But I may have to as a last resort. Viber support didn’t provide any suggestions. Thanks again!

You may not have to do anything that drastic. Try deleting the viber app, then restart your phone before adding it back. Just a normal restart or a forced restart (neither will result in any data loss)

Normal restart: Turn the phone off, wait one minute, turn the phone on.

Forced restart:

• Press and quickly release VOLUME UP
  • Press and quickly release VOLUME DOWN
  • Hold the SIDE button until an Apple logo appears (15-30 seconds), ignoring "slide to power off" if it appears

The operative word here is QUICKLY; and try it a couple of times, the timing is a little tricky.

12 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Feb 27, 2022 8:20 AM in response to salkanakosa

salkanakosa wrote:

Thank you. I was hoping to avoid a full backup, reset and delete of the phone as that’s such a hassle. But I may have to as a last resort. Viber support didn’t provide any suggestions. Thanks again!

You may not have to do anything that drastic. Try deleting the viber app, then restart your phone before adding it back. Just a normal restart or a forced restart (neither will result in any data loss)

Normal restart: Turn the phone off, wait one minute, turn the phone on.

Forced restart:

• Press and quickly release VOLUME UP
  • Press and quickly release VOLUME DOWN
  • Hold the SIDE button until an Apple logo appears (15-30 seconds), ignoring "slide to power off" if it appears

The operative word here is QUICKLY; and try it a couple of times, the timing is a little tricky.

May 6, 2022 11:04 AM in response to salkanakosa

Well, I've tried all standard, non-standard options, classic reset and some unusual options and nothing. Simply nothing. Viber group notifications are working but individual ones not.

THEN. For some other reasons, I have to do a reset of my Apple Watch. AND. Now everything is working completely normal. Why this was connected, I have no clue but for me this was the solution.

Hope it will help to someone else too.

Apr 6, 2022 5:03 PM in response to salkanakosa

What trick worked for me is to open up the App, go into settings>notifications, and uncheck “show message notifications” to be off or “Turn notifications on” to off. Keep your notification settings for viber still on via the iPhone settings. This sounds odd but it worked. For some reason when both Vibers and iPhones notifications are set to on it does not work. But when vibers are off and iPhone settings for the viber app are on it works just fine.

Viber notifications stopped after iOS update

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.