Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Cannot remove old Apple Card out of Safari auto fill.

The card in question is the bottom one, the remove button is grayed out. Help it always pops up on auto fill.

iMac 27″, macOS 10.13

Posted on Feb 25, 2022 9:59 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Mar 24, 2022 10:29 AM

Removing cards in Safari Autofill Settings 

If you have a stubborn old card that is from wallet and the remove option is gray out, do the following, 

open Utilities, Keychain Access once in side search for  - com.apple.passd.virtual.card. - Delete all occurrences, quit keychain access. I too was on the phone with apple for a few hours, then took 2 days to get back to me. We got the same solution.

3 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Mar 24, 2022 10:29 AM in response to David Mac Pro

Removing cards in Safari Autofill Settings 

If you have a stubborn old card that is from wallet and the remove option is gray out, do the following, 

open Utilities, Keychain Access once in side search for  - com.apple.passd.virtual.card. - Delete all occurrences, quit keychain access. I too was on the phone with apple for a few hours, then took 2 days to get back to me. We got the same solution.

Feb 26, 2022 10:59 AM in response to Blur0330

Hello, Blur0330!

Welcome to Apple Support Communities! If we understand correctly, you're trying to remove the Apple Card from your Wallet and it's greyed out. You'd also like to remove this information from automatically filling in.

If this card is not yours and you'd like to be removed, look over the guidance here: Remove a participant from your shared Apple Card account. If you were a co-owner, the balance would need to be paid in full.

If not and you're unable to remove the Apple Card from your Wallet, you'd want to contact Apple: Apple Support - Solutions select Apple Pay. They'd be able to work with you in order to find out why you're unable to do this. Because you can't remove the Apple Card, you wouldn't be able to remove the AutoFill selection by editing it out.

Take care!

Cannot remove old Apple Card out of Safari auto fill.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.