Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Universal Clipboard/AirPod Auto connect

I recently upgraded my phone from xr to 13 and since then it doesn’t seem to want to communicate with my ipad. my airpods won’t switch between them unless I connect manually, and I can’t get universal clipboard to work. I’ve tried all the suggested troubleshooting, resetting, turning off and on, turning settings off and on, turning wifi/bluetooth off and on. If it can be turned off and on I have done it. I guess my ipad is just upset there’s a new iphone in the mix because it simply will not talk to the thing. I haven’t noticed the issues with my macbook, but I don’t copy/paste from it as much. the airpods switch to and from the watch just fine, but I don’t think that uses the same system anyway.

iPhone 13 Pro Max

Posted on Feb 25, 2022 10:28 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Feb 26, 2022 1:20 AM

monckey4 wrote:

I recently upgraded my phone from xr to 13 and since then it doesn’t seem to want to communicate with my ipad. my airpods won’t switch between them unless I connect manually,

How to stop AirPods Switching to Other Devices Automatically

1. Make sure your AirPods or ‌AirPods Pro‌ are connected to your ‌iPhone‌.
  2. Launch the Settings app.
  3. Tap Bluetooth.
  4. Tap the encircled info (i) button next to your AirPods in the list.
  5. Tap Connect to This iPhone.
  6. Select When Last Connected to This iPhone.

See the Pic below.

3 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Feb 26, 2022 1:20 AM in response to monckey4

monckey4 wrote:

I recently upgraded my phone from xr to 13 and since then it doesn’t seem to want to communicate with my ipad. my airpods won’t switch between them unless I connect manually,

How to stop AirPods Switching to Other Devices Automatically

1. Make sure your AirPods or ‌AirPods Pro‌ are connected to your ‌iPhone‌.
  2. Launch the Settings app.
  3. Tap Bluetooth.
  4. Tap the encircled info (i) button next to your AirPods in the list.
  5. Tap Connect to This iPhone.
  6. Select When Last Connected to This iPhone.

See the Pic below.

Universal Clipboard/AirPod Auto connect

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.