Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Notifications stopped working without any known reason and without any simple solution.

After scanning the internet for solutions I ended up here. I even reset all settings as a last attempt. The only thing popping up on locked screen is new messages(SMS). I would normally see notifications from Messenger, Facebook, Gmail etc. No Previews are shown either. At first I didn't even realize there was an issue with the iPhone itself and I believed it was an issue with a single app or maybe two. The lack of notifications makes me less effective at work and I miss out on important attempts to contact me. Any solution to this?

iPhone XS

Posted on Feb 25, 2022 10:32 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Feb 26, 2022 2:53 AM

None of the replies are any help, and these are absolutely obvious points to check.

However, I did find the only possible solution to this issue, which I managed to find in another forum:

After trying all other solutions, and of course made sure iOS i s up-to-date, I also reset all settings.

The end solution was to Remove all apps from the iPhone itself and to reinstall them. That's when the notifications start working again. So in other words a completely unnecessary and confusing glitch by Apple.

I understand that I am far from the only one, and definitely not the last. For some people this is enough to go spend another $1500 on a new phone.

9 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Feb 26, 2022 2:53 AM in response to danhil22

None of the replies are any help, and these are absolutely obvious points to check.

However, I did find the only possible solution to this issue, which I managed to find in another forum:

After trying all other solutions, and of course made sure iOS i s up-to-date, I also reset all settings.

The end solution was to Remove all apps from the iPhone itself and to reinstall them. That's when the notifications start working again. So in other words a completely unnecessary and confusing glitch by Apple.

I understand that I am far from the only one, and definitely not the last. For some people this is enough to go spend another $1500 on a new phone.

Feb 26, 2022 1:15 AM in response to danhil22

Change notification settings on iPhone

1. Go to Settings > Notifications.
  2. To schedule a notifications summary, tap Scheduled Summary, then turn on Scheduled Summary. ...
  3. To choose when you want most notification previews to appear, tap Show Previews, select an option—Always, When Unlocked, or Never—then tap.

More items...

Change notification settings on iPhone - Apple Support (IN)

Notifications stopped working without any known reason and without any simple solution.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.