Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How to save photo library to my mac from icloud

How to save photo library to my iMac from iCloud

iMac 21.5″, macOS 12.2

Posted on Feb 25, 2022 11:29 AM

4 replies

Feb 25, 2022 10:49 PM in response to janeane128

Basically, follow the instructions in the link posted by Niel: Download iCloud photos and videos - Apple Support

(See the paragraph: How to download photos and videos from the Photos app > On your Mac)

Only, one step is missing, if you do not yet have an iCloud Photos Library on your Mac- you first have to create a new, empty Photos Library and make it your System Photos Library and iCloud Photos Library.

• To create a new, empty Library (Create additional photo libraries in Photos on Mac – Apple Support (UK)):
    • If the Photos app  on your Mac is open, choose Photos > Quit Photos.
    • Hold down the Option key and double-click the Photos icon in the Applications folder (or click the Photos icon in the Dock) to open Photos.
    • In the Choose Library dialogue, click Create New.
    • Type a library name and choose a location to store the library.
    • Click OK.
  • To make the library your System Photos Library: System Photo Library overview for Photos on Mac – Apple Support (UK)
    • Open the Photos > Preferences > General and click "Use as System Photos Library".
  • To make the library the iCloud Photos Library: Choose Photos > Preferences. Select iCloud, then click "iCloud Photos" and "Download Originals to this Mac."

Feb 25, 2022 9:22 PM in response to janeane128

See these articles Set up and use iCloud Photos - Apple Support

Change preferences in Photos on Mac - Apple Support

Designate a System Photo Library in Photos – Apple Support

Note : you can't save photo library from iCloud.com to photo application , photos are saved in photo application , if there are thousands of photos in iCloud.com , it's better to designate a photo library .

How to save photo library to my mac from icloud

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.