Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Location not showing up in contacts.

We have family sharing set up and my son’s location won’t show up under his contacts. (I can see it if I go to “find my phone” but not under his contact.) It works for everybody else in the family but not for his. We have double checked his sharing settings, and have followed all of the steps indicated in this previous thread on the subject with no luck. https://discussions.apple.com/thread/252500711

What else can we try?

iPhone 13

Posted on Feb 25, 2022 12:14 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Feb 26, 2022 8:35 AM

Thanks for the suggestion.

We have double and triple checked all the settings on his phone and mine. Under contacts they are set to share location indefinitely.

We have also ensured the following settings are toggled on:

Settings > Privacy > Location Services >

Settings > Privacy > Location Services > System

Services > Share My Location

As far as we can tell everything is set up the same on his phone as on his siblings’ phones which are all sharing location accurately. (This issue started when he upgraded to iPhone 13. We were able to see his location on his old iPhone 8, but none of the setting checks have made a difference on this new phone.)

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Feb 26, 2022 8:35 AM in response to SravanKrA

Thanks for the suggestion.

We have double and triple checked all the settings on his phone and mine. Under contacts they are set to share location indefinitely.

We have also ensured the following settings are toggled on:

Settings > Privacy > Location Services >

Settings > Privacy > Location Services > System

Services > Share My Location

As far as we can tell everything is set up the same on his phone as on his siblings’ phones which are all sharing location accurately. (This issue started when he upgraded to iPhone 13. We were able to see his location on his old iPhone 8, but none of the setting checks have made a difference on this new phone.)

Location not showing up in contacts.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.