Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Current message going to old phone

I have a new iPhone with a new number through a new provider. My messages appeared on my old iPhone. I then removed the old iphone from my known devices, signed out of all devices signed in with my Apple ID and changed my password but the messages are still appearing on the old iPhone. I do not have access to the old iPhone so I need a way to stop this from happening without having the iPhone. Please help!!!!

iPhone 12 Pro Max, iOS 15

Posted on Feb 25, 2022 1:29 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Feb 25, 2022 6:33 PM

You need to change/add the number on your Apple ID. Look in the Security section when signed in online. You may have to add the new number before you can remove the old number. After the change, allow up to 24 hours for the change to sync. Before trying to make the change, sign out of Messages/FaceTime on all devices/computers.

Apple ID - Manage  

4 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Feb 25, 2022 6:33 PM in response to marguerite299

You need to change/add the number on your Apple ID. Look in the Security section when signed in online. You may have to add the new number before you can remove the old number. After the change, allow up to 24 hours for the change to sync. Before trying to make the change, sign out of Messages/FaceTime on all devices/computers.

Apple ID - Manage  

Feb 25, 2022 1:31 PM in response to marguerite299

marguerite299 wrote:

I have a new iPhone with a new number through a new provider. My messages appeared on my old iPhone. I then removed the old iphone from my known devices, signed out of all devices signed in with my Apple ID and changed my password but the messages are still appearing on the old iPhone. I do not have access to the old iPhone so I need a way to stop this from happening without having the iPhone. Please help!!!!

How do you know it is going to your old phone if you don't physically have it?

Where is your old phone?

Current message going to old phone

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.