Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

i mac will not allow upgrade to latest version of os, gives no reason

i mac will not allow upgrade of latest version of os, gives no reason

Posted on Feb 25, 2022 2:53 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Feb 25, 2022 3:01 PM

Is it a 2015 or later model (from Apple menu > About This Mac)? See compatibility section of How to upgrade to macOS Monterey - Apple Support

Doe it have enough free space? See the following from the same support article:

If upgrading from macOS Sierra or later, your Mac needs 26GB of available storage to upgrade. If upgrading from an earlier release, your Mac needs up to 44GB of available storage.

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Feb 25, 2022 3:01 PM in response to Raindog54

Is it a 2015 or later model (from Apple menu > About This Mac)? See compatibility section of How to upgrade to macOS Monterey - Apple Support

Doe it have enough free space? See the following from the same support article:

If upgrading from macOS Sierra or later, your Mac needs 26GB of available storage to upgrade. If upgrading from an earlier release, your Mac needs up to 44GB of available storage.

i mac will not allow upgrade to latest version of os, gives no reason

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.