Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

If I purchase AppleCare for my new iPhone 13 mini and then a few days later decide to exchange the phone for one of a different with, what happens to my AppleCare plan?

If I purchase AppleCare for my new iPhone 13 mini and then a few days later decide to exchange the phone for one of a different with, what happens to my AppleCare plan?

iPhone 13 Mini

Posted on Feb 25, 2022 4:44 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Feb 25, 2022 6:10 PM

You will need to contact Apple for definitive answers (we are all other users here), but I know that generally you cannot move the plan to a different device, so you would have to cancel the plan, get a refund and then buy it again for the new device. However, I also know that Apple will transfer a plan on a device that is being replaced under warranty, so I cannot say which rule your scenario would fall under. You have 60 das to buy it, so you could wait until after you decide to keep/return the device.

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Feb 25, 2022 6:10 PM in response to AbigailGD

You will need to contact Apple for definitive answers (we are all other users here), but I know that generally you cannot move the plan to a different device, so you would have to cancel the plan, get a refund and then buy it again for the new device. However, I also know that Apple will transfer a plan on a device that is being replaced under warranty, so I cannot say which rule your scenario would fall under. You have 60 das to buy it, so you could wait until after you decide to keep/return the device.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.