Newsroom Update

Tap to Pay on iPhone is now available in Canada. Learn more >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iphone android group text

Why cant iphone + androids group chat? APPLE: FIX THIS!!!!

Group texts on my android phone sometimes work, sometimes stop in the middle, sometimes show up in my ipads imessage app and sometimes disappear entirely. This has been happening for 2 years. FIX IT PLEASE!!!!!!!

Posted on Feb 25, 2022 5:17 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Feb 26, 2022 12:09 AM

Welcome to the Apple Support Communities.

Messages sent to Android devices go through your carrier, not Apple. So, it's not Apple's fault.

But, review: If you can't send or receive messages on your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch - Apple Support.

Jack

2 replies

Feb 26, 2022 7:47 AM in response to Jack-19

if thats the solution then verizon, tmobile, att, etc all have the same problem since people have complained for years about lost texts from all of the carriers. If every carrier has the problem, I dont believe its a carrier problem. Why do android + iphone group chats work sometimes and not others? And who at Apple decided texts should go to my email address (using iMessage) instead of my android phone number…sometimes?

iphone android group text

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.