You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple ID, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Printer Probs with MacBook Pro

Help? When I try to print, I have a Dell e525w printer, I get a message on my Mac stating "encryption credentials have expired." I have uninstalled and trashed my printer and tried to install it again. My printer is not recognizing the computer. Help in simple layman's terms if possible please.

Posted on Feb 25, 2022 7:30 PM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Feb 26, 2022 7:21 AM

Hi,

The Dell E525w is listed in About AirPrint - Apple Support as a model with support for the driverless AirPrint technology. An AirPrint-enabled printer can be used without additional drivers if connected to the same network (Wi-Fi router) as the MacBook Pro. Are you using AirPrint?

Which operating system version is installed on the MacBook Pro?

If necessary, try resetting the printing system and re-adding the printer (AirPrint).

Reset the printing system on your Mac to solve a problem – Apple Support (UK)

Add a printer to your printer list so you can use it on Mac – Apple Support (UK)

Similar questions

3 replies
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Feb 26, 2022 7:21 AM in response to Kat52

Hi,

The Dell E525w is listed in About AirPrint - Apple Support as a model with support for the driverless AirPrint technology. An AirPrint-enabled printer can be used without additional drivers if connected to the same network (Wi-Fi router) as the MacBook Pro. Are you using AirPrint?

Which operating system version is installed on the MacBook Pro?

If necessary, try resetting the printing system and re-adding the printer (AirPrint).

Reset the printing system on your Mac to solve a problem – Apple Support (UK)

Add a printer to your printer list so you can use it on Mac – Apple Support (UK)

Printer Probs with MacBook Pro

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.