Newsroom Update

Apple is introducing a new Apple Watch Pride Edition Braided Solo Loop, matching watch face, and dynamic iOS and iPadOS wallpapers as a way to champion global movements to protect and advance equality for LGBTQ+ communities. Learn more >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Trouble with Siri understanding you

Is anyone having issues with Siri understanding you? For weeks now I have been dictating reminders, calendar updates, whatever into Siri and maybe 30% of the time it keeps telling me it's having trouble understanding me, trouble hearing me or various other issues, which, fine, whatever. The problem however is that it has typed out exactly what I have said in full and I can see the words I have dictated on the screen right above where it says things like "Hmm... I'm not sure I'm hearing you correctly. My Apologies" yet, again, it has typed out what I said in full. I can read exactly what I just said. It's really aggravating because it is in fact hearing precisely what I am saying!

iPhone X

Posted on Feb 25, 2022 10:22 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Feb 25, 2022 11:28 PM

Retrain Siri with your voice

Go to Settings > Siri & Search, turn off Listen for “Hey Siri,” then turn on Listen for “Hey Siri” again. To change Siri accessibility settings, see Use accessibility features with Siri on iPhone.

Change Siri settings on iPhone - Apple Support (IN)

1 reply

Trouble with Siri understanding you

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.