Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Apple Syncing Loop of Insanity.

All this relates to when Apple did away with the iTunes apps on Mac and iPhone and made doing this far more difficult than it should be. This the result of the "Fixing Stuff That Ain't Broke" disease that so many companies are afflicted with.

1. I upload my music from my iMac to my iPhone. both are the most recent updates.
  2. I notice ONE album wasn't showing up under Artist on my phone, so I deleted on my phone, (or so I thought).
  3. In the music app on my computer, I corrected the missing meta data for that one album, and dragged it back to the phone.
  4. It wouldn't go.
  5. I looked on my phone. It's not there.
  6. I liked on my phone in the music app on my iMac and it shows that it's there. I cannot delete it from that place in the app. (I think we used to be able to before a couple years ago when Apple ruined the iTunes app.)
  7. I know from experience that under the current Music app, if I try to sync the old fashioned way that ALL THE OTHER MUSIC ON MY PHONE WILL BE DELETED.
  8. We're talking about a LOT of music.

Any suggestions besides endlessly reloading my entire music library?

Thanks.

Posted on Feb 26, 2022 8:17 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Feb 27, 2022 7:59 AM

Hello ringthembells,

From your post it appears you are wanting to sync a specific album back to your iPhone.

You can select what items to sync. Take a look at the information outlined here: Sync iPhone with your computer - Apple Support

Look under the section titled, "Set up syncing between your Mac and iPhone".

Cheers.

Similar questions

2 replies

Apple Syncing Loop of Insanity.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.