Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

bold text

when i turn bold text on on my phone, the words and time go bolded but my keyboard doesn’t. it also only doesn’t go bold on the QWERTY setting for keyboards. i have tried restarting it but it doesn’t work. what should i do?

iPhone 13, iOS 15

Posted on Feb 26, 2022 8:19 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Feb 26, 2022 10:35 AM

Is it the keyboard when you open for a certain app, or for any app? I am not aware of any other method to make changes with or how to troubleshoot this any further. Since you have already tried restarting the phone, then next step would be a force restart, Force restart iPhone - Apple Support If that does not help, the next steps are a restore from backup and restore to factory if you wish to go that far. Do you have any Accessibility settings on, or did you change text size?

3 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Feb 26, 2022 10:35 AM in response to mackey_208

Is it the keyboard when you open for a certain app, or for any app? I am not aware of any other method to make changes with or how to troubleshoot this any further. Since you have already tried restarting the phone, then next step would be a force restart, Force restart iPhone - Apple Support If that does not help, the next steps are a restore from backup and restore to factory if you wish to go that far. Do you have any Accessibility settings on, or did you change text size?

Feb 26, 2022 8:28 AM in response to mackey_208

Did you turn on Bold Text in Settings>Display & Brightness? After you have turned on Bold, while it will show some, the best way to be sure it turns on is to restart the device. I'm not sure where you are referring to turning on Bold for Keyboards? I just tested turning on Bold on my iPhone 13 Pro with iOS 15.3.1 and it bolded the text and I checked the keyboard going to the native messages app and it was bolded as well.

bold text

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.