Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

When I search with my iPhone it responds so slow

Why when i search with my i phone it responds so slow

anyway, to speed up

TAHNK YOU

[Re-Titled by Moderator]

Posted on Feb 26, 2022 10:46 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Feb 26, 2022 11:06 AM

Some steps I’ve tried with my dad’s old iPhone 6:

1. Reboot phone (turn off and then on)
  2. Check storage. Make sure there’s at least 20% or more of open space so iOS has plenty of room to operate. More often than not on my own 6s Plus, things slow down significantly when the phone is near full with photos and video. Back them up in iCloud or desktop storage and delete from phone.
  3. I know this is probably not an issue anymore with later iOSes but I still think it’s a good idea in older phones to not have multiple apps running.
  4. The gold standard for reinvigorating creaky old phones is wiping the phone and reinstalling the system software. If you’re happy with an older iOS and don’t want the auto upgrade you’ll get when the phone connects to Apple’s servers, then it’s critical that you do this on a desktop in iTunes that’s disconnected from the internet after you’ve made a backup on the computer (I believe iOS 15 is NOT available for iPhone 6). Wipe the phone, make sure computer is offline, plug the phone in, and then reinstall the backup.

Good luck!

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Feb 26, 2022 11:06 AM in response to timmy159

Some steps I’ve tried with my dad’s old iPhone 6:

1. Reboot phone (turn off and then on)
  2. Check storage. Make sure there’s at least 20% or more of open space so iOS has plenty of room to operate. More often than not on my own 6s Plus, things slow down significantly when the phone is near full with photos and video. Back them up in iCloud or desktop storage and delete from phone.
  3. I know this is probably not an issue anymore with later iOSes but I still think it’s a good idea in older phones to not have multiple apps running.
  4. The gold standard for reinvigorating creaky old phones is wiping the phone and reinstalling the system software. If you’re happy with an older iOS and don’t want the auto upgrade you’ll get when the phone connects to Apple’s servers, then it’s critical that you do this on a desktop in iTunes that’s disconnected from the internet after you’ve made a backup on the computer (I believe iOS 15 is NOT available for iPhone 6). Wipe the phone, make sure computer is offline, plug the phone in, and then reinstall the backup.

Good luck!

When I search with my iPhone it responds so slow

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.