Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Sync my Purchased iTunes Songs onto 1 Device

I purchased music from itunes conveniently using my ipad and at times I conveniently also purchased songs using my iphone. I would like to have them all located in one place on my ipad.

After reseraching, it appears that I cannot sync my purchased songs from one device to another unless I subcribe to Apple Music...? Please tell me this is not true..!

I cannot repurchase the songs on iTunes. When try to repurchase, it said "purchased".

Frustrated and confused....

iPhone 11, iOS 14

Posted on Feb 26, 2022 12:37 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Feb 26, 2022 4:40 PM

You do need a subscription to sync between devices, but you can still sync using a cable from your computer. When tracks say purchased instead of showing the download icon it means they have been hidden. To unhide them open the iTunes Store, scroll up and tap on your Apple ID, View Apple ID and look at Hidden Purchases to unhide them. You can also select Automatic Downloads if you want the music to download on both devices.

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Feb 26, 2022 4:40 PM in response to Charliegirl211

You do need a subscription to sync between devices, but you can still sync using a cable from your computer. When tracks say purchased instead of showing the download icon it means they have been hidden. To unhide them open the iTunes Store, scroll up and tap on your Apple ID, View Apple ID and look at Hidden Purchases to unhide them. You can also select Automatic Downloads if you want the music to download on both devices.

Sync my Purchased iTunes Songs onto 1 Device

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.