Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iPad Transfer to spouse

I want to transfer my old iPad Pro to my wife. There is no need to delete any of the data on the iPad as she's been using it for more than 6 months.

Posted on Feb 27, 2022 9:55 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Feb 27, 2022 10:17 AM

If you are giving away your iPad to anyone, husband/wife or otherwise, you should follow this process to properly prepare the iPad for a new user:

What to do before you sell, give away, or trade in your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch - Apple Support

Following this procedure with securely remove all data, including sensitive and private information, from the iPad. In addition the Activation Lock will be removed/reset - allowing the new user to set-up the iPad “as new” with their own AppleID.

Failure to separate your digital identities can lead to all kinds of issues - not least unwanted merging of password/account credentials.

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Feb 27, 2022 10:17 AM in response to Shorty06

If you are giving away your iPad to anyone, husband/wife or otherwise, you should follow this process to properly prepare the iPad for a new user:

What to do before you sell, give away, or trade in your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch - Apple Support

Following this procedure with securely remove all data, including sensitive and private information, from the iPad. In addition the Activation Lock will be removed/reset - allowing the new user to set-up the iPad “as new” with their own AppleID.

Failure to separate your digital identities can lead to all kinds of issues - not least unwanted merging of password/account credentials.

iPad Transfer to spouse

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.