Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Should I take my iPad to an Apple Store to erase and transfer my husbands information?

I want to erase my old iPad and transfer my husband's information from his iPhone to the old iPad. Do I need to bring it into an Apple Store to have this done? I don't want to lose any information on my new iPad.

\

iPad Air 2, iPadOS 13

Posted on Oct 15, 2020 4:43 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Oct 15, 2020 4:57 PM

No. There is no need to take it to an Apple store. You can do it yourself. Once you transfer all of your data to your new device, you can safely erase the olde device without having any effect whatsoever on the new device.

This explains what you should do before you give the iPad to your husband.

What to do before you sell, give away, or trade in your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch - Apple Support

This explains how to transfer the data from your old iPad to your new iPad.

Transfer data from your previous iOS device to your new iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch - Apple Support

3 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Oct 15, 2020 4:57 PM in response to VIBER32

No. There is no need to take it to an Apple store. You can do it yourself. Once you transfer all of your data to your new device, you can safely erase the olde device without having any effect whatsoever on the new device.

This explains what you should do before you give the iPad to your husband.

What to do before you sell, give away, or trade in your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch - Apple Support

This explains how to transfer the data from your old iPad to your new iPad.

Transfer data from your previous iOS device to your new iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch - Apple Support

Should I take my iPad to an Apple Store to erase and transfer my husbands information?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.