You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How do you mirror a disk player with a TV?

I have a Monterey that is mirrored to a smart TV. I have a disk player that is attached to the computer. I can play a dvd and watch on the computer. I tried to watch the dvd on the smart TV, but the mirroring would not work. I had to buy the desired movie on Amazon. Bummer.

iMac 24″, macOS 12.2

Posted on Feb 27, 2022 11:17 AM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Feb 27, 2022 11:38 AM

I believe you can't mirror the screen when displaying copyright protected content. On the other, if the TV has an HDMI input, then you should be able to connect it to the computer's HDMI output and add it a a second monitor (via System Preferences>Displays).

5 replies

Feb 27, 2022 1:10 PM in response to BlueberryLover

BlueberryLover wrote:

I believe you can't mirror the screen when displaying copyright protected content.

that's not correct. i can put any commercially available yet copy protected DVD into my apple USB superdrive and watch that video / movie on my TV. i use an USB-C to HDMI adapter with my iMac with an HDMI cable running to my tv, and can mirror movies to my TV. there would only be an issue if i attempted to copy that movie to the internal SSD or an external drive or a blank DVD.

How do you mirror a disk player with a TV?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.