Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Newsroom Update

Apple Music today announced the release of its 100 Best Albums of all time, a list crafted by Apple Music’s experts alongside industry professionals. Learn more >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Apple Music won't sync in macOS Monterey

I recently upgraded my Mac operating system to Monterey and ever since my Apple Music will not sync to my phone or Apple TV. I've made several edits to playlists on my computer and when I go to the same playlist on my phone or the Apple TV it still shows the playlist as it was before I upgraded to Monterey? It seems that since I upgraded my music will not longer sync? I've tried all the trouble shooting options I can find in support and on the internet but nothing seems to help. I even plugged my phone into my computer to manually sync my music but it still would not upgrade the music on my phone?

Has anyone else had this issue?

Thanks.

iMac 27″, macOS 10.14

Posted on Feb 27, 2022 12:22 PM

Similar questions

10 replies

Mar 19, 2022 9:50 AM in response to Jordantemp

This seems to be a recent ongoing issue where changes in the iCloud Music Library made on a computer don't sync to the cloud correctly, and may even revert after a short period. It is possible it relates to the computer going in and out of sleep mode. Apple should be aware of this issue by now so hopefully it will be corrected soon. You should find things are more reliable immediately after a restart.

tt2

Mar 19, 2022 10:00 AM in response to turingtest2

Thanks for the help, hopefully they do resolve it because I haven't been able update the music on my phone for over 2 months now. As I said before even with un-syncing everything and re-starting my computer and then re-syncing nothing seems to solve the issue? I guess maybe I"ll just have to wait and see if they can resolve it on their end? thanks again.

Mar 21, 2022 10:46 AM in response to turingtest2

So I dowloaded and installed the new 12.3 update, then went to Library and updated my iCloud library. But still nothing changed, it didn't update any music on my phone? So I un-synced my music library again in Apple Music and restarted my computer thinking this would help. But now when I try to re-sync my Apple Music library I keep getting an error that says Genius Can't be updated the network connection was lost? But there is nothing wrong with my network and now I can't even sync my library and this has gone on since yesterday? I'm at a total loss now?

Apr 1, 2022 11:46 PM in response to turingtest2

Sorry the delayed response. So nothing you suggested seem to resolve the issue so I decided to remove Monterey and re-install Big Sur. Then I upgraded to Monterey again which seemed to solve the issue, everything was working good and my Apple Music was updating on my phone when I created a playlist on my computer. I was ecstatic I thought the issue was solved. But then about a week after I upgraded I ran into another issue, all the playlists I had created after I originally installed Monterey started reverting back to the original playlist. As an example if the original playlist had 10 songs and say I added 10 more songs and rearranged and edited the playlist, everything would be fine for a few hours. But then when I would go back to that playlist it would revert to the original 10 song playlist? All the songs I had added disappeared and songs that were rearranged reverted back to the original playlist which was created right after I installed Monterey for the first time. So again I was completely frustrated I thought maybe the playlists were possibly compromised so I copied and pasted all the songs from one playlist and created a new playlist with a new title thinking this might solve the issue? It did for a day or two where when I edited them on my computer they showed up on my phone as they should. I thought again maybe that was the problem so I deleted the old playlists and continued using and editing the new ones which I had created with new titles. Then even thoughs playlists stopped updating to my phone..... and then The old playlists which I had deleted in Apple Music kept reappearing, each day I would delete them and the next day they would show up in my Apple Music? Honestly Im sorry I feel like I'm rambling, I know this is a "first word problem" but I've never been so frustrated with Apple before. I've pretty much stopped making playlists because I know any new playlist I create or edit is just going to revert back eliminating all the work I had? Maybe I am the only one with this issue, I feel like I should have stuck with Big Sur.

Thanks.

Apple Music won't sync in macOS Monterey

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.