Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

MacMini M1 (2020) crashes/restarts regulary (Sleep mode issue?). Different problems from the beginning.

Hello,

the last weeks my MacMini M1 with MacOS 12.2.1restarts automatically showing different crash reports.

If it helps, I can later post the entire crash reports:

Around February 9th:

"CORE 3 is the one that panicked. Check the full backtrace for details."

Around February 12th:

"CORE 4 is the one that panicked. Check the full backtrace for details."

February 24th:

"CORE 1 is the one that panicked. Check the full backtrace for details."

February 27th:

"CORE 0 is the one that panicked. Check the full backtrace for details."

These messages occurred when my Mac went into sleep mode and I wasn't at my computer. When I returned to continue my work I saw, that my Mac had a restart and I saw a crash report on my screen.

I deactivated "Activate sleep mode when the display is turned of" under >system preferences>Save energy and will see if this helps.

When I bought the MacMini M1 (8 GB RAM, 256 GB SSD) end of March 2021 I had issues right from the beginning. My Apple Cinema Display (2007, connected via HDMI) didn't show a correct image. I found out that this was a software issue concerning many people with the MacMini M1. I updated the Mac Mini and the problem was gone.

Then my MacMini disconnected regulary from the internet, although the WLAN symbol showed it was connected (it still does sometimes). Through web research I found out that this was also an issue affecting lots of Mac users.

Since Monterey I'm not able to buy music at the iTunes Store, as this leads to a strange behavior of my Mac, disconnecting and reconnecting my Wireless Apple Keyboard (First generation, 2 Batteries) and my Apple Magic Mouse (Second Generation, no batteries) all the time showing different error messages on the screen. Sometimes this leads to a direct fast restart, sometimes I have to pull the plug as only option left. I asked here for help, but no advise solved the problem.

Now I have these restarts I mentioned at the beginning. Some of those affected by the same phenomenon use the same Apple Keyboard as I do.

I have wireless ear speaker I wanted to use with the MacMini, but they heavily disturb my Mac. The mouse isn't reacting accordingly when I want use them, so I don't use them with my Mac.

I wonder if all the issues are just software issues (there are lots of complaints about a too buggy Monterey out there) or if there is a general problem with the Bluetooth/HDMI/USB connections on the MacMini M1 as some guess. Maybe these are "early adopters" hardware issues?

I reinstalled MacOS several times and also created a new test account. The problems remain. Would you suggest to bring the MacMini to an Apple Store or wait for another update of Monterey?

As I have video calls on a regular base, (also with many people) and want to give photo workshops online, it's pretty annoying to have a computer I can't rely on. I had Power Macs, MacBook Pros, iPhones and an iPad, but never had as much problems. The enthusiasm about the speed of my MacMini M1 has gone.

Mac mini, macOS 12.2

Posted on Feb 28, 2022 12:10 AM

Similar questions

5 replies

Feb 28, 2022 12:50 AM in response to hcsitas

Hello, thank you for your answer!

Attached you find the screenshot. As I'm from Germany, the language of my MacOS is German, but the position of the different options should be the same in all the languages. Checked are the options:

• "Deactivate automatic sleep mode when your display is turned of" > This option is active since yesterday.
  • "End sleep mode on network access".

I was also considering of buying a new Apple keyboard some days ago and I think I will today. I restart my Mac every morning. The keyboard needs quite a while until I can connect it with my MacMini. Who knows, maybe some of the issues are related to the keyboard (which seems to be almost 15 years old). I tried to see if it works on my new iPad (9th generation) and it seems to perfectly. So I'll use the old keyboard for this then.

MacMini M1 (2020) crashes/restarts regulary (Sleep mode issue?). Different problems from the beginning.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.