Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Image Dimension is not showing in Finder (Monterey V12.2.1)

I just moved to a new iMac with Monterey V12.2.1

I noticed some issues that were working well on my old iMac :(

Image Dimension is not showing in Finder

Whenever I try View>Show View Options>Show Item Info

It only shows number of items below each folder, but doesn’t show image dimensions below the images as it used to do on the old macOS

your cooperation is highly appreciated

iMac 27″, macOS 12.2

Posted on Feb 28, 2022 12:46 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Feb 28, 2022 2:16 AM

fimh wrote:

Whenever I try View>Show View Options>Show Item Info

Use View > Show Preview Options. Make sure Dimensions is checked.

Similar questions

8 replies

Mar 9, 2022 9:41 AM in response to dialabrain

I'm also having the same issue. The only time I can access Show Preview Options and see my view options Image Detail is when I click on a specific file. Otherwise the Image Detail options disappear for all image files in my finder. It is quite frustrating to have to make a several clicks to find information that has been readily available for decades.

Is it user error? Does the Monterey Finder has a preference saving issue?

Can you advise? Thanks

Mar 9, 2022 10:25 AM in response to AWDStan

Disk Utilities First Aid seems to have partially fixed the issue. Now, some, but not many image files (jpg, gif, png) show the image information in finder column view.

However, when I open an image file using Preview, then close the Preview window, the Finder Column view shows the image information and the image information stays visible for that specific file (sometimes, not for every file). No other image file shows the Finder Image Detail information unless I've opened it with Preview (sometimes).

Does this mean I need to open each individual images on my computer just to see the basic info? rrrr

Mar 29, 2022 9:21 PM in response to AWDStan

its very strange that once I posted the question here, the problem was fixed the moment I logged in to my iMac again O.O although I have been trying to fix this for almost two months.. grateful it is fixed now..

sometimes it doesn't show the dimensions, I untick "Show Item Info" then tick it again and the dimensions appear again in the finder

I hope that your problem is fixed soon

thank you

Image Dimension is not showing in Finder (Monterey V12.2.1)

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.