Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Newsroom Update

Apple Music today announced the release of its 100 Best Albums of all time, a list crafted by Apple Music’s experts alongside industry professionals. Learn more >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Apple music want me tot pay for the music i own

In the past i put some music in i-tunes, i quit my ' iTunes match' and now i can't listen to my own music; i have to submit apple music and i don't want hat; after all, i payed for the music which i put in my library.......

So apple: why are you stealing my music?????

Posted on Feb 28, 2022 6:21 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Mar 1, 2022 6:19 AM

Hi,

You only have access to iCloud Music library whilst you have an active iTunes Match or Apple Music subscription.

The principle function of iTunes Match is to provide a link with Apple servers and allow your music to be made available on your other devices for streaming or downloading. This is not a back up service.

Did you make a backup of your music before subscribing to iTunes Match?

Jim

6 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Mar 1, 2022 6:19 AM in response to maarten278

Hi,

You only have access to iCloud Music library whilst you have an active iTunes Match or Apple Music subscription.

The principle function of iTunes Match is to provide a link with Apple servers and allow your music to be made available on your other devices for streaming or downloading. This is not a back up service.

Did you make a backup of your music before subscribing to iTunes Match?

Jim

Mar 1, 2022 6:33 AM in response to Jimzgoldfinch

Hi Jim, thanks for your reaction!

no, I didn't make a backup; I never 'gave' my music to the cloud, i did it 'cause it was easy for that moment.

There is, for instance, some music from my bigband, i downloaded it by We Transfer, and put it on my computer and played it using iTunes; all the music from iTunes was copied to iTunes Match, without the possibility to get it back in the original iTunes.

I think that is illegal. 'cause I'm the owner of that music.......

I don't want to subscribe tot iTunes Match, 'cause that cost me money.......

Btw: are you connected to apple?

Apple music want me tot pay for the music i own

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.