Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Phishing software

Hi, I can I tell if I installed phishing software on my iPhone by clicking on a link?

Posted on Feb 28, 2022 7:14 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Feb 28, 2022 7:20 PM

The way Phishing works is that the scammer gets you to click on a link (via email or text etc.) and then tricks you into inputting information such as a username and a password. Fake websites are used to trick the user. If you simply clicked on a link then nothing was installed on your device and no information was lost because you did not type in anything.

All about scams and phishing -

Beware of ➔ Phishing & Other Suspicious Emails 

Know how to Identify legitimate emails from the App Store or iTunes Store 

Avoid phishing emails, fake 'virus' alerts, phony support calls, and other scams ➔  Use these tips to avoid scams and learn what to do if you think your Apple ID has been compromised.

Axel F.

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Feb 28, 2022 7:20 PM in response to SerinaGia

The way Phishing works is that the scammer gets you to click on a link (via email or text etc.) and then tricks you into inputting information such as a username and a password. Fake websites are used to trick the user. If you simply clicked on a link then nothing was installed on your device and no information was lost because you did not type in anything.

All about scams and phishing -

Beware of ➔ Phishing & Other Suspicious Emails 

Know how to Identify legitimate emails from the App Store or iTunes Store 

Avoid phishing emails, fake 'virus' alerts, phony support calls, and other scams ➔  Use these tips to avoid scams and learn what to do if you think your Apple ID has been compromised.

Axel F.

Phishing software

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.