Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Apple Cash unable to verify identity

I’ve tried countless times to resolve the issue of not being able to verify but for some reason I just can’t. I was supposed to be contacted at a later date but Apple never got back to me. I really don’t want to not be able to use Apple Cash but what can I do? Does anyone have a fix to this? Please help!

Posted on Feb 28, 2022 7:54 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Feb 28, 2022 8:13 PM

Hello,

Have you gone through the process of scanning your Drivers License or only answered the public information questions so far? If you are answering what you believe are correct answers to the questions but being denied, I strongly recommend requesting a full copy of your credit report to ensure you don't have a larger issue.

In the below information I bolded the part about needing a new account.

Identity verification for Apple Card or Apple Cash - Apple Support

"What if you enter the wrong information

Try to verify your identity again. When you verify again, we might ask for your valid Driver License or state ID. 

1. Go to your card info:
    • iPhone: Open the Wallet app, tap your Apple Cash card, then tap  . 
    • iPad: Open the Settings app, tap Wallet & Apple Pay, then tap your Apple Cash card.
    • Apple Watch: Open the Apple Watch app, tap Wallet & Apple Pay, then tap your Apple Cash card. 
  1. Tap Verify Identity. If you don't see this option, contact us. You might need to close your account and open a new one.
  2. Follow the onscreen steps."

FTC page about obtaining your annual free credit report

I hope this helps.

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Feb 28, 2022 8:13 PM in response to Its9994ever

Hello,

Have you gone through the process of scanning your Drivers License or only answered the public information questions so far? If you are answering what you believe are correct answers to the questions but being denied, I strongly recommend requesting a full copy of your credit report to ensure you don't have a larger issue.

In the below information I bolded the part about needing a new account.

Identity verification for Apple Card or Apple Cash - Apple Support

"What if you enter the wrong information

Try to verify your identity again. When you verify again, we might ask for your valid Driver License or state ID. 

1. Go to your card info:
    • iPhone: Open the Wallet app, tap your Apple Cash card, then tap  . 
    • iPad: Open the Settings app, tap Wallet & Apple Pay, then tap your Apple Cash card.
    • Apple Watch: Open the Apple Watch app, tap Wallet & Apple Pay, then tap your Apple Cash card. 
  1. Tap Verify Identity. If you don't see this option, contact us. You might need to close your account and open a new one.
  2. Follow the onscreen steps."

FTC page about obtaining your annual free credit report

I hope this helps.

Apple Cash unable to verify identity

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.