Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Resize the partition of bootcamp macos even though it reached its minimum size.

So i wanted to play Valorant on my mac but i couldn't because it doesn't run on macos. So i installed windows on bootcamp and tried to play it but it didn't work because there was no open space left on windows side. Then i tried to lower the partition size of my macos but it didn't work because its at its minimum size. Although, there were over 70gb free space in my macos but it doesn't seem to work. Any ways to make it work?? I want to play Valorant real bad.

Windows partition size: 40GB

MacOS partition size: 199GB

Hard drive (SSD) size: 240GB

Free space on MacOS: 70GB

Desired MacOS size: 180GB

Desired Windows size: 60GB

MacBook Pro with Touch Bar

Posted on Mar 1, 2022 12:13 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Mar 1, 2022 8:32 AM

The only way to resize a Boot Camp partition is to use Boot Camp Assistant to remove the current Boot Camp partition. Then use Boot Camp Assistant to create a new Boot Camp intallation of Windows allocating more space to the Boot Camp partition.

You don't have enough free space. I always recommend a minimum Boot Camp partition size of 256GB. Otherwise there won't be enough free space to install Windows, install apps such as games, allow swap space, etc.

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Mar 1, 2022 8:32 AM in response to uchiha51

The only way to resize a Boot Camp partition is to use Boot Camp Assistant to remove the current Boot Camp partition. Then use Boot Camp Assistant to create a new Boot Camp intallation of Windows allocating more space to the Boot Camp partition.

You don't have enough free space. I always recommend a minimum Boot Camp partition size of 256GB. Otherwise there won't be enough free space to install Windows, install apps such as games, allow swap space, etc.

Resize the partition of bootcamp macos even though it reached its minimum size.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.