Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Amazon Prime glitch on Safari

Macbook pro; OS 12.2.1 Safari 15.3

I have been watching videos on Safari with Amazon Prime for years. Suddenly, for the past 2 days, I cannot. I get a message saying "We're experiencing a problem with this video." However, the video plays just fine on Google Chrome so it is a Safari specific issue. Other website, such as youtube videos, have no problem.

I have tried erasing the cache and the history, but the problem remains. Any idea how to solve this?

MacBook Pro 15″, macOS 11.4

Posted on Mar 1, 2022 1:54 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Mar 1, 2022 1:41 PM

I tried the Shift key start a couple times but it did not help. Still get this error message.

5 replies

Mar 2, 2022 12:29 AM in response to mpk-apple

The Prime Video player app also would not work and it posted this error message: This video can't play on your device as it doesn't meet content protection standards.

After a bit of research I found it is a glitch with the HDMI external monitor I use. All I had to do was shutdown the computer, unplug the monitor and plug it back in, and restart the computer. All fixed!!

Amazon Prime glitch on Safari

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.