Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Problems updating to Monterey 12.2

I can't get my 2017 iMac to update to 12.2. I have removed my virus protection and booted twice in safe mode. Computer goes through downloading the update and appears to go through the install. Total time on the install is only about 20 minutes. Not sure what else to try. Would appreciate any insight you might have. My machine has 1.5 GB of free HD space and 16 GB of ram.

iMac 27″ 5K, macOS 12.1

Posted on Mar 1, 2022 7:44 AM

5 replies

Mar 1, 2022 7:58 AM in response to patmac3314

Terminal Command with out Quotation Marks and what is the output ?

softwareupdate --list-full-installers

If Monterey 12.2.1 Is Listed - good

Same thing only this command below

softwareupdate --fetch-full-installer --full-installer-version 12.2.1

This will pull the Full Version 12.2.1 and place a new Application is Applications folder called " Install Monterey "

It will not automatically Launch.

Suggest doing a Time Machine Backup at this point and before launching the installer

Mar 1, 2022 2:34 PM in response to patmac3314

Yup, the Apple Software Update Applet in both Monterey and Big Sur has been somewhat iffy at best IMHO.

Thusly, we have had to experiment with Other Methods to achieve the desired results.

Yes, the download is slow but steady. Have used this method numerous time myself from Big Sur 11.5, 11.6 etc and including Monterey 12.01 - Initial Release and all subsequent updates.

Problems updating to Monterey 12.2

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.