Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

What is process com.apple.safari.sandboxbroker?

Lately I'm seeing a process running com.apple.safari.sandboxbroker. Haven't seen it before and can't find what it is. 2014 MacBook Pro running 11.6.4

MacBook Pro 15″, macOS 11.6

Posted on Mar 1, 2022 11:21 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Apr 1, 2022 12:24 PM

JayB1008 wrote:

Lately I'm seeing a process running com.apple.safari.sandboxbroker. Haven't seen it before and can't find what it is. 2014 MacBook Pro running 11.6.4

From your Activity Monitor.app you can search and click open the "com.apple.safari.sandboxbroker" and run a sample for some insight:

see: Activity Monitor User Guide for Mac - Apple Support

Path:

/Applications/Safari.app/Contents/XPCServices/com.apple.Safari.SandboxBroker.xpc/Contents/MacOS/com.apple.Safari.SandboxBroker

it appears to essentially be a registry of data for the sandbox feature of Safari— controlling the status of differing windows and tabs and version history plus data stamps...

Safari 15.4 Release Notes | Apple Developer Documentation

About the security content of Safari 13.0.1 - Apple Support

Safari - Official Apple Support

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Apr 1, 2022 12:24 PM in response to JayB1008

JayB1008 wrote:

From your Activity Monitor.app you can search and click open the "com.apple.safari.sandboxbroker" and run a sample for some insight:

see: Activity Monitor User Guide for Mac - Apple Support

Path:

/Applications/Safari.app/Contents/XPCServices/com.apple.Safari.SandboxBroker.xpc/Contents/MacOS/com.apple.Safari.SandboxBroker

it appears to essentially be a registry of data for the sandbox feature of Safari— controlling the status of differing windows and tabs and version history plus data stamps...

Safari 15.4 Release Notes | Apple Developer Documentation

About the security content of Safari 13.0.1 - Apple Support

Safari - Official Apple Support

What is process com.apple.safari.sandboxbroker?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.