Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

BLOCK ALL GMAIL TEXT MESSAGES

Sorry for the all caps but this is absolutely ridiculous. APPLE should develop a way for us to block all text messages from gmail PERIOD. I'm not asking to block each one. I've been doing that for years. Please fix this issue. We are getting spammed continuously! MAKE IT STOP!

iPhone 11, iOS 15

Posted on Mar 1, 2022 12:07 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Apr 12, 2022 1:17 PM

I don't think this response is valid ... in the Messages app, Apple lets you block individual callers/emails. Why not add a "rule" feature that lets us add a rule to block any messages from a gmail account? I think that would solve much if not most of our spam text problems ...

8 replies

Apr 12, 2022 1:36 PM in response to canada59

They can't because these are coming in as SMS texts using a loophole in that system and that system is entirely under the purview of cell service providers and the FCC. If your carrier supports it forward them to 7726 prior to deleting them. And write to the FCC, your carrier and your congressional representatives. If the spammers find that device makers are abandoning the SMS rules and blocking ones from gmail they will then switch to Yahoo and other email providers.

BLOCK ALL GMAIL TEXT MESSAGES

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.