Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

My earpiece volume on my iPhone 11 IOS 15.3.1 is noticeably lower. Especially noticable during phone calls.

My earpiece audio volume on my iPhone 11 IOS 15.3.1 is noticeably lower. Especially noticable during phone calls. It also doesn't give the right speaker level it used to. I've cleaned it and reset the phone to no avail.

iPhone 11 Pro, iOS 15

Posted on Mar 1, 2022 1:53 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Mar 4, 2022 12:33 PM

Have performed all suggested fixes and still earpiece volume is at a low volume and won’t increase to the desired level.

Restart didn’t restore the audio level either.

3 replies

Mar 2, 2022 9:42 AM in response to jimmyb12015

Hi jimmyb12015,

Thank you for using the Apple Support Communities. The first step we suggest is checking Settings > Face ID & Passcode > Attention Aware Features, is this enabled? If so, does disabling help? If not, let's also try the steps in the following article:

If you hear no sound or distorted sound from your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch speaker

Hope this helps!

Have a great day.

Mar 11, 2022 10:01 PM in response to jimmyb12015

After doing what was suggested. Cleaning, restart, more cleaning. I relented and took it to the Genius Bar.

The earpiece and lowere speaker/microphone were both gummed up with dirt and muck. The tech there used a product like stick putty called Blue Tack, a short brush, some alcohol wipes and in about 5 minutes he had it clean enough to hear the difference.

I asked a street repair guy what he does and he replaces the earpiece and lower speaker screens.

I tried my best but that Blue Tack stuff seemed to be the best on the grime.

think about it , the earpiece orfice is in a perfect place so that all the grease, grime and dirt can get pushed right into it.

it’s actually a big problem. He said they get about 10 everyday.

My earpiece volume on my iPhone 11 IOS 15.3.1 is noticeably lower. Especially noticable during phone calls.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.