Newsroom Update

Apple is introducing a new Apple Watch Pride Edition Braided Solo Loop, matching watch face, and dynamic iOS and iPadOS wallpapers as a way to champion global movements to protect and advance equality for LGBTQ+ communities. Learn more >

Announcement

Introducing the iPad Pro with Apple M4 chip, the redesigned iPad Air in two sizes, and the all‑new Apple Pencil Pro. Watch the event >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iPad screen turns black (but is still turned on), need to lock it and unlock it again and it works fine. This happens at random, but sometimes twice in a row.

my iPad Pro 10.5” has an issue since two weeks where it, at random, shows a complete empty black screen. But it’s still turned on (it shows a bit of light). Happens using any kind of app, YouTube, safari, notes etc. The screen still works, I can select, pause videos and scroll on safari, sound keeps working too. Whenever it happens I can lock it so the screen turns off and is completely black. Next I can unlock it and it works fine. This seemingly happens at random, sometimes twice in a row. Is there a way to fix this? Thank you!

Posted on Mar 1, 2022 11:43 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Mar 2, 2022 12:54 AM

In such a situation, it might be a hardware (battery? screen? other internal component?) problem but we, just users like you, cannot diagnose that kind of issue remotely, sorry.

I suggest that you make an appointment (*) and have your device inspected at an Apple Store or AASP (Apple Authorized Service Provider) among this list:--> Apple – Location Selector. After checking it out, they'll give you all the available options.

Regards

Giulio

(*) You can do it:

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Mar 2, 2022 12:54 AM in response to MGfghj

In such a situation, it might be a hardware (battery? screen? other internal component?) problem but we, just users like you, cannot diagnose that kind of issue remotely, sorry.

I suggest that you make an appointment (*) and have your device inspected at an Apple Store or AASP (Apple Authorized Service Provider) among this list:--> Apple – Location Selector. After checking it out, they'll give you all the available options.

Regards

Giulio

(*) You can do it:

iPad screen turns black (but is still turned on), need to lock it and unlock it again and it works fine. This happens at random, but sometimes twice in a row.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.